7.13.2010

My Little Cupcake

Last year I had the honor of helping with a cupcake themed baby shower.  Since the mom to be owns a cupcake business and also was not finding out the sex of the baby, this theme was perfect.  We used earthy colors that fit the gender neutral theme and fit the mom's personality.  I was in charge of decorations, my favorite!  This was a small shower at someones house so we didn't need much.  Below, the banner my friends and I made.

The host of the shower wanted to use Popcakes as the favors for guests to take home.  Because these little treats were not only yummy but pretty to look at, I decided to use them as part of the decor.  We put them in a clear vase filled with M&M's and used cupcake stickers to decorate the outside of the vase.  I also made little "thank you" tags to go on the Popcakes.
Finally, the host made cupcake shaped cakes and we displayed them on a table with a diaper cake we made.  

It was a very cute, simple shower.  The cupcake theme is great for baby showers and easily adaptable to any party.

No comments:

Post a Comment